June 6, 2008

Best Mother's Day Gift ever!


Since I was still 2 1/2 weeks away from my due date, I was not exactly planning on celebrating Mother's Day, but apparently Bryce had other plans. I went into labor around 3 or 4am on Sunday and had him by 6:39pm. Yes...him...it was supposed to be a girl- or so I thought?? Yet another surprise that day! It was wonderful first Mothers day!

The last 4 weeks have been such a crazy ride. I've been on the rollercoaster of hormones mixed with no sleep. And lucky for me...all in the middle of "dock season".

Things are starting to get a little more "normal" but it still sounds weird when I call myself a mom. Moms wear bad jeans and no make up. Moms use their spit to wipe your face. Moms have ugly nightgowns. Moms don't know the words to top 40 music....these are all not me! I really have to get used to this new title. I've been called many things in my 27 years, but certainly a mom! I'm sure I will learn to love and hate that title. But for now, Bryce can't talk, so I LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad you decided to get this up and running...you should do facebook too! Bryce is a cutie! I can't wait to see him again!