June 26, 2008

How and when did this happen?

So this past Sunday, I had an "epiphany". This sounds crazy, but I suddenly realized how much my life has changed. Not so much the day to day stuff, but when you look back over the last 10 years, my life is so completly different. Not bad, that is not what I mean, just completely different. Dan and I are no longer in our early 20's going out every weekend. We are quickly sneaking up on 30 years old and we actually have a baby!

My "epiphany" came when I was sitting in the couch on Sunday around 8:00am. Bryce was sleeping in his swing, I was folding laundry, and Dan was out working on the weed whacker in the garage. I know-how domestic have we become? I stopped an thought for a second and then I laughed out loud. The craziest part is how much I actually love it! When I was 18, I never imagined that I would live here where I live, be married to the most amazing person, and have a sweet little boy. I figured I would be working at some cool job, living back in Detroit somewhere, and doing lots of crazy fun things. Definitely not married with a child! :)
Instead, I live in a very nice (conservative) subdivision, and we drive a nice, safe SUV. Dan gets up at the same time every day, puts on his suit and goes "to the office". We are officially grown up! I'm not sure how it happened, or when it happened. Life is good. All of these things considered, I suddenly realized that I'm not a kid anymore. Heck, I'm not even mid-20's anymore. I'm a mom, a wife, a "homemaker" and best of all I'm in love with my 2 guys!



No comments: