October 1, 2008

I finished!

Well, the 5K was this past Saturday and I am proud to report that I finished! Not only did I finish, but I came in under 30 minutes! Although overwhelming at first, I'm glad I did it! Amy has actually signed up for another one in 2 weeks! (Go Spaniolo!) I have a feeling there is another 5K in my future now that I know I can do it!

It was so cool to be part of such a huge turnout. I'm not sure how many people were there, but over 1400 finished the run. I think I fell somewhere around 600th? Very cool! There were a ton of Breast Cancer Survivors that ran and walk. A friend of mine actually pushed her mom in a wheelchair after having a double mastectomy a week earlier. If that is not motivation, I don't know what is! I am just proud to have finished the race in one piece :)

No comments: