August 11, 2010

We're back

Well, we made it back in one piece.  It wasn't so bad.  Of course I can say that now because my 10 hour car trip is over.  The one where the kids didn't feel like sleeping, Bryce ran a fever of 101.3, the Canadian border took over an hour to get through, and I had to listen to Bob the Builder seven thousand times.  If "car gymnastics" were part of the summer Olympics, I'm pretty sure I would win the gold medal.   I had to get from front seat to back seat while dodging the dvd player and not stepping on the giant bag of snacks, landing in the 5 1/2 inch wide space between the two car seats probably once every 30 minutes. 

It wasn't all bad though.  One day, I actually had about 3 whole hours with the girls, no kids...I know, you're jealous, right?  We left the boys to take care of things, and that was probably the best part of the whole "vacation". 
This is my idea of vacation.  Too bad it couldn't have lasted a little longer. 

I might get around to actually uploading more pictures one of these days.

No comments: