November 18, 2011
Really...31? How in the world did THAT happen? I swear I was just 21. I swear we were just newlyweds. I swear I just found out I was pregnant with Bryce. I swear time is not flying by at warp speed!
Instead of focusing on how awful it is to get older, I am going to embrace my old age (ha ha ha) and be grateful for everything I have.
Here is my list of 31 things I am thankful for today:
1. That God allows me to wake up every morning and start a brand new day.
2. I have a husband who adores me.
3. I have two beautiful, healthy, energetic, smart, funny children.
4. I have a roof over my head and a safe place to sleep every night.
5. I have enough food to fill my belly and keep me going (sometimes a little too much)
6. I am not battling any diseases or addictions
7. My family loves me.
8. I have awesome friends that love and support me.
9. I have access to medical care if and when I need it.
10. I have the ability to read and write.
11. Simply put, I can enjoy my freedom every single day because of those who serve and protect our country.
12. That my husband has a job!!!!!
13. My husband has a job that provides us with everything we need (and more)
14. My husband has a job that allows me to stay home and raise our children.
15. That I was able to attend college and graduate with a degree.
16. I have been able to travel to some amazing places.
17. I have conveniences that are often taken for granted. (running water, heat, clothing, reliable vehicle, washer/dryer, electricity)
18. I have babysitters that I can count on that allow me to get a break from my kids.
19. That my struggles are not how will I feed or clothe my children, but what will I feed them or pick out for them to wear. (Thanks Stacy and Amy for all the new-to-us clothes!)
20. I have been blessed with creativity.
21. I am able to enjoy luxuries such as iphone, lap top, ipod, flat screen tv, etc. That is not meant to be boastful, but honestly thankful!
22. I have the ability to worship my God freely.
23. I belong to an amazing community at The Branch.
24. That I have grown spiritually over the last year thanks to the bible studies I have participated in, and the fellowship of the women involved.
25. That I am forgiven.
26. I feel safe in almost every aspect.
27. That I continue learn new things and have the ability to evolve.
28. I may not have been blessed with a beautiful singing voice, but I sure sound good in my car.
29. I have humor, and can laugh at my mistakes.
30. That I woke up to flowers, a sweet card, and my favorite Starbucks coffee.
31. My kids sang happy birthday to me, hugged me, and told me they loved me. Amazing.
I am very blessed, no doubt. Life is not perfect. Things can always be worse.
So with that being said...Happy Birthday to me! 31 should be a good year. :)