November 10, 2011

Project Life Update

I have been trying SO hard to stay on top of this project.  For the most part, I have been successful.  Sometimes life gets in the way and things get put on hold.  I have been working the last few days during naps to get the last 2 weeks completed.  Yay!  I'm back on top.  Completed album to date.  That feels good!

A few notes about these 2 weeks...

After getting my new iphone, I pretty much abandoned my real camera...have to be careful of that.  I was obsessed with my phone and couldn't put it down, so almost all pictures are cell phone pics.  

The entire week of Oct 24-30 was focused on Halloween it seemed like, so I just went with it and did a very orange-y theme to incorporate all of my photos.  I got a shipment (thanks MaryAnn) of Becky Higgins new page protectors and wanted to try some out.   didn't plan my photos very well and felt a little overwhelmed with the new layout.  Hmmm...need some inspiration for these page layouts going forward.

 The following week was both light on photos, and yet had several little (somewhat insignificant on their own) photos.  I decided to fill a few spots with "extras" (fed ex note, shipping label/packing slip/paper coterie tag).  I also did an 8x8 insert with 2 traditional scrapbook layouts.  (Can't remember the last time I did a "real" page?)  I had an adorable picture of Sydney that I wanted to focus on, as well as a few snapshots of how we spend our mornings while B is at pre-school.

I really tried to stretch myself the last few weeks and incorporate different things into my PL.  All of 2010 was 4x6 photos...pretty much...that's it.  I have been so incredibly inspired by some fellow PL-ers out there.  Mish Mash  and  Glue Stick Girl specifically.  Amazing.  You have GOT to check out this post from Lisa (Glue Stick Girl)  Tons of amazing information.  Totally bookmarked this post!

I'm very excited to hear all the buzz going around about Project Life, the new products, and the people who are jumping on board.  I cannot say enough great things about this type of scrapbook album.  It can be anything you want it to be.  I am so glad that I am coming close to completing my Second Full Year of Project Life.  Life with two toddlers is nothing short of crazy.  I have the majority of it documented, so years from now, when all of this is a complete blur, I can flip through and relive all of these precious moments.  (and probably skip past the not so precious ones).

You should totally join me in this project!!  Here's how you get the stuff yourself:

Oh yeah...Project Life Tuesday is totally back on...so I'm linking up with Jessica and her peeps over at the Mom Creative.  

4 comments:

lisa truesdell said...

i love your update - esp the alphabet quote, that is sooo sweet. enjoy the new iphone, and thanks for linking my blog. =)

Heather said...

I LOVE this idea!!! Do you do one page per week? I wish I had done this when my kids were born. My husband and I both write journals for our two kids from the time we knew I was pregnant with them...but doing a scrap book of the whole year is such an amazing idea! And I love your layouts, very modern looking.

I'm very jealous of your new iPhone! I'm hoping my Droid will die by the time the iPhone 5 comes out, lol. I have heard that the camera on the 4S is pretty amazing, so I'm not surprised most of your pictures are from your phone.

slkooiman said...

Please oh please oh please oh please come over to my house and help me get caught up on my album! I have all my photos in, but am trying to get caught up on the journaling and I just love all the neat little extras you do to personalize your album. Teach me, Yoda! Totally pinning this!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love what you are doing with your album! Sorry if I missed it, but have you decided on which new kit you are going with next year? AND congrats on your new business adveture!