September 10, 2009

Busy August + Lazy Aftermath = Very Long Post

August was quite a busy month. Every weekend was packed with some kind of road trip for me. I'm glad I took pictures because it is all kind of a blur! I was very fortunate to get all these fun weekends packed into one month because life is about to slow waaaaay down very soon.

Girls Weekend
Mom took all of us girls (Me, Katie, Meg, and Sarah) up to Harbor Springs for a girls weekend. It was so nice to get away without responsibilities or worries- even if it was for 2 1/2 days.

Cheers! Yes, that is my Sprite at the bottom of the picture :(
Aaaahhh, the Birchwood Inn...Surprisingly affordable, as the sign says. Could it be because the ceiling leaks, the rooms smell of musty mildew, and the walls are covered in plaid wallpaper? What an experience!

Breakfast in downtown Harbor Springs

Checking out the boats in the Marina. Beautiful day!!

The bay in Petosky. (and my belly getting bigger by the day)


Kenny Chesney Concert, Ford Field
Back before I got pregnant, I bought tickets to Kenny with a few girls from work. We had a great time, but it was a very long day. Cullen, Maria, and Katie were also at the concert, so we got to hang out with them too.


Ran into the Sobie girls too! We Love Kenny!

I had the really crappy seats, meanwhile...Cullen, Maria, and Katie were in the Sandbar. I gave them my camera to get some good pictures. Boy did they ever!
Kenny and Uncle Kracker
This is how close they were...seriously!

Fort Wayne Zoo
Grandma Peterson was interested in taking the kids to the zoo, and since Emily and Ben were in Indy that week, Amy and the kids, Bryce and I, and Grandma met them at the Fort Wayne Zoo. It was a fun day!

The cousins torturing the Kimono Dragon.

The babies in their strollers checking out the monkeys.

Mommy and Bryce on the Carousel. (not the greatest picture)

Train ride around the zoo. So nice to get to sit down and relax!


6th Anniversary Trip
Dan and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on the 23rd but weren't able to get away. (I had Kenny Tickets!) However, the following weekend, Bryce hung out with Grandma and Grandpa Pete, and we went up to Traverse City. The weather was less than desirable so we made the best of it.

Hanging out on our balcony playing Scrabble...in the rain.

We took a drive up Old Mission Peninsula...in the rain. We wanted to check out the wineries...where I could not drink (much). Good times :)

Finally on Sunday we got some sunshine. We drove back up the Peninsula to the lighthouse and enjoyed the views before it was time to head back home. It was a very nice weekend despite the gloomy picture I've painted.
It was a good month, and a great way to end the summer. Hopefully it won't be another month before my next post.

No comments: