October 21, 2009

It's a Girl!

Where have I been? I can't believe it's been almost 4 weeks already since Sydney was born and I have not posted anything! I'm having a hard time adjusting to one more person in the house. I haven't been able to spend as much time on the computer as I would like to.

Anyway, Sydney was born on October 10th at 7:22am. (3 days before my due date) The whole delivery didn't quite turn out how I had anticipated. My water broke at home this time so we went right into the hospital around 5:00am. The nurses checked me out and broke the good news that the baby was not "head down", in fact she was breech...which was a complete surprise to me. Big thanks to my doctor who told me a few days prior that baby was head down and ready to go. I guess the one good thing was that I was only in labor for about 2 hours, contractions never got bad, and I didn't have to push. That's right my friends...C-Section!

As if that weren't bad enough, I learned a week after delivery that my incision had formed a blood clot that was preventing it from healing. I've had to go to the doctor now almost daily since she was born to have the incision cleaned and packed in order for it to heal naturally from the inside out. No infection, but it has been a huge pain in the @$$! Nothing like an open wound in your abdomen with gauze hanging out while you are trying to recover! Fun, Fun! It was all worth it though. I have the most amazing, sweet, adorable little girl! I love her to pieces!

It's a girl! Sydney's first picture!

They were having trouble getting her legs to do down because of the position she was in for so long.


Awww...big girl! 7lbs 14oz. 19.5 inches


Snuggling a few hours after delivery.

First family photo. Now we are four!

Bryce having fun at the hospital



Sydney and her daddy

No comments: