I think I might be putting a little too much pressure on poor "Shelfy". I'm not gonna lie...I throw the guy under the bus several times a day (figuratively, not literally), and I am totally enjoying that he has to be the bad guy. Over the last week, things like this are constantly slipping out of my mouth: "You two better stop fighting over that __________ (insert insignificant thing they are fighting over)...Shelfy can see everything you are doing and he is going to tell Santa". "I sure hope Shelfy didn't see/hear that". "Do you want Shelfy to tell Santa you just did that to her (him)?"
Every day after he is discovered, I move him to his "perch" up above the stove where he has a clear view of the whole house. Nothing goes unnoticed from this vantage point!
I thought it was only appropriate that our elf is a little silly and naughty...just like my kiddos. Here's what he's been up to this past week!
1. Shimmied up the light fixture (don't mind the dust)
2. Got tangled up in some garland
3. Had a marshmallow fight with his dinosaur friend
4. Drained my ipod listening to Christmas music all night
5. Left a money trail to my purse where he...
6. Fell asleep in my wallet
7. Got into Sydney's potty chart stickers and played with some toilet paper
8. Drew a silly face on a photo with dry erase marker
9. Soaked in a marshmallow bath