March 28, 2012

Project Life Update: Week Eleven & Twelve

I know, I know, I feel like all I ever post anymore is Project Life stuff.  I am aware of this.  Somewhere over the past 12 months, my brain went from mush, to absolute nothing.  It takes all I have to keep up with this one project.  Having anything clever or amusing to say is just out of the question these days.  If you are looking for a blog with good reads, amusing stories, or anything of value, you are in the wrong place! ;)  Ok...moving on.

Week Eleven:

I managed to use my camera a few times this week, but the majority (again) are iphone photos.  Love the quality of my phone camera, and it is always with me.  Life saver!
We had ridiculous weather this week (in a good way!), but I somehow forgot to capture a screenshot of the forcast, so I hunted this one down from the news website.  
 The warm weather made it painfully obvious that neither of my kids had anything that fit them.  We made a trip to the carters outlet store to stock up on some Summer basics.  You know, since it's 86* in March...in Michigan.
Right side is basically just a BBQ we went to friday night, and St. Patrick's Day.

This is just a great little Quote that Bryce said this week.  Had to write it down.  He is so sweet.
 Printed Instagram photos 2.5 X 2.5 so I could fit two on a page.  Lots of stickers and washi tape going on.
Photo collage done in Diptic app on my phone.  Love how easy it is to slap a bunch of photos together and add text or numbers.

Week Twelve:
Added a few digital elements and some typing this week.
This week was fun for me becuase I was feeling a little more crafty than usual.  Maybe because I planned ahead and used Marcy Penner's Free printable to organize my photos before printing them?  Maybe?

Used a photo I took at Frederick Meijer Garden of all the blooms for my title card by adding some text with the date.  
Got this cute idea to stamp right on patterned paper from Michelle Wooderson.  LOVE.  Also just cut some triangles from patterned paper and stitched across to make a banner.
Spent a ton of time this week outdoors because of the amazing Summer-like weather.  Syd and I went to the park for a run, and Bryce and I made an awesome driveway road.  Used some more washi tape and some Martha Stewart labels.  Stamps are Amy Tangerine.  Love this set!
Missing one more picture, but I will print that and slip it in once I have it.  Journal card is already done.
Took a photo and added digital paper to fill the rest of the 4x6 canvas.  Typed "Play Date" and used another digital paper as a clipping mask.  Washi tape and sticker.  Just wanted to switch things up a bit.  

So there are weeks 11 and 12.  If it's not closed yet, I'm linking up at The Mom Creative.  Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Catherine at Design Editor said...

Love how you included the Carters tags-I go through so many of them! Your pages look great!

Miriam Rodriguez said...

great pages! love your style :)

Regina White said...

Hey Sara do you live in Grand Rapids. I live in Wyoming. I love your layouts.

Abby Devine said...

As always love your pages Sara.... what size do you print your smaller photos that you put on journaling cards?

packmom said...

Great pages. How fun to do a pub crawl--it's on my bucket list ;0) I also want to read the Hunger game books before I see the movie. My oldest has read them and loved them but finding the time for me to read these days is next to impossible.