May 14, 2012

Why I don't "blog" anymore

It's been a while...

I can't seem to find the time to shower most days, let alone sit down at the computer and actually upload photos and write about them.  Any free time I have (which isn't really free...because I'm most likely neglecting something or someone else), I'm usually trying to catch up on my Project Life album, or a project I've promised someone.  (I've recently finished two sets of wedding invitations/reception cards/rsvp/programs for friends)  Add a needy 2.5 year old to the mix, in addition to a very rambunctious 4 year old who no longer naps, and every second of the day is spoken for.  Not a pitty party for Sara...just a little rant.  Anyone else seem to have this problem?   So...Anywho... things have been busy.

Oh...and I joined a gym.  More on that later.

Not to mention the darn chore chart that I decided to tackle. ????????????  This may have been a little aggresive.
I'm constantly overwhelmed with the idea of housework (mostly with the amount of it), so when I saw this on Pinterest, I thought I would give it a shot.  I spent nearly every day cleaning last week.  I managed to whip this place into shape, but I think this will be short lived. :)

After my most recent emotional meltdown, Dan and I decided to go ahead and join a local gym. (And when I say "we" I mean the kids and I...and when I say "Dan and I decided", I mean I freaked him out enough that he strongly encouraged I do SOMETHING to get away from my kids)
  The big selling point for me, besides the outdoor pool, was the amazing children's programs they offer.  The kids are enrolled in a 6 week gymnastics program and love it!  It hasn't even been three weeks and I already feel so much better.  The break from them is so refreshing.  An added bonus is the exercise. I've tried Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, a step class, and a crazy intense barbell weight class so far.   So fun!  I'm not gonna lie though...one day last week I did just plug my headphones in to watch Live with Kelly while I pretended to ride the bike.  It was pure bliss.  AND I GET TO TAKE A SHOWER...ALONE!  Worth every penny I tell ya.

So cleaning, exercising, what else...? Oh!   I managed to sneak a little craft real quick.
Put together this cute little potted flower plant for one of the grandma's mother's day gifts.  Oh how I love Pinterest!

I think Dan is just about finished with his Dock Season (seasonal business he runs to install and remove boat hoists, shore stations, and dock).  This spring weather has been very cooperative and they are actually finished before Memorial day.  Woo-Hoo!  We get him back on the weekends again.

We had a Mother's Day Tea Party at Pre-school on Thursday,

 Bryce turned four last Friday, we drove over to Detroit to celebrate Andrea's 50th on Saturday,

 then we had Dan's family over for B's birthday and celebrated Mother's day on Sunday.

We're exhausted!

Thank goodness I leave a week from Wednesday for the Bahamas to visit my boyfriend Kenny!



6 comments:

Colleen said...

I can relate on so many levels!! Good for you for getting in that gym time. I have yet to manage that. I definitely need some balance in my life. Miss reading your posts but following you on instagram : )

slkooiman said...

Hey twin sistah! I miss you! Totally get what you mean. There are definitely some weeks where I don't post for days and days and I feel guilty, but then I realize that I didn't get a shower either so the Internet folk will just have to suffer! That reminds me, I really need to try to shower today. Why am I on the computer again? Oh yes, to talk to you.

I do love it when you post though, Sara. Don't laugh, but I envy so much about your world that I just love watching it unfold here. I mean, Kenny in the Bahamas?! SHUT. UP. Mad jealousy right here.

Anywho, you gotta do what you gotta do to stay sane, mama. You're amazing!

slkooiman said...

By the way, are you still trying to launch a blog design service? I'm in DESPERATE need of a blog makeover, but I lack the clams to pony up for a big time "designer" makeover, so I thought I'd ask and see if you still needed to beef up your portfolio a bit. Email me at slkooiman@yahoo.com if you're interested!

Mindi said...

I just wanted to chime in and comment on this post. I have been (recently) in the same boat as you. Not enough time in the day, kids driving me crazy, trying to get the house cleaning done, I have a almost three year old that does not nap anymore. I took up running about a month ago because I needed me time ! Even though most of the time I have to push my two youngest ones in the stroller. Ok I'll stop there. I love that we can talk and blog about real life once in a while. So I so, loved your post !! Thank you !!

P.S. I am SOOO jealous about Bahamas and your boyfriend Kenny !! Have a blast.

Bree said...

Same boat chica, kids, cleaning, gym, etc. It's the mamas GTL I guess. You're doing great! Don't be so hard on yourself. TTYS. Have a blast in the Bahamas!!!!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

You and I must be living parallel lives. I love the gym...not because I love to run (let's be clear, I do not love to run) but because I get 30 minutes on a treadmill alone to read or watch tv or zone out and a shower without someone trashing my house further. Thanks for your honesty!!!

L